By accessing Orchard Talent Group websites and/or submitting your personal information to Orchard Talent Group through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in the Policy. If you do not agree with any term of the Policy, please do not use Orchard Talent Group's services or website.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is Orchard Talent Group's usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected through the use of Orchard Talent Group's website or in response to Orchard Talent Group's printed and online advertisements. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Orchard Talent Group will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, Orchard Talent Group will take reasonable steps where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
The type of personal information we collect and use will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities (e.g. references, resume and qualification documents).
- Financial – information that allows Orchard Talent Group to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor (e.g. bank details, tax details).
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
- Immigration – information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
As a general rule, Orchard Talent Group does not collect sensitive information about you (e.g. health information) unless relevant or necessary for the purposes of providing our services to you. However, in circumstances where Orchard Talent Group requires sensitive information from you, Orchard Talent Group will first seek your consent to collect it.
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, Orchard Talent Group will be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Orchard Talent Group collects your personal information so that Orchard Talent Group can:
- Assist you in finding or retaining work;
- Assist in your career performance or management;
- Analyse human resource and labour markets;
- Develop tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
- Pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor;
- Help in work rehabilitation;
- Directly market recruitment services to you (you have a right to opt-out from receiving direct marketing emails); or
- Provide you with Orchard Talent Group's services.
- Assess our services provided to clients and candidates and to improve our services provided to clients and candidates.
- Conduct and request your participation in quality surveys we or our service providers conduct on our behalf to assess and improve the quality of services we provide.
USE BY THIRD PARTIES
Orchard Talent Group may use and disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as providing you with one of our services. Accordingly, Orchard Talent Group may disclose your personal information to a number of third parties (located onshore or overseas), including but not limited to:
- Orchard Talent Group's related entities;
- prospective employers;
- clients who may wish to engage your services as a contractor or temporary employee;
- Orchard Talent Group suppliers or service providers, including (but not limited to) organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests or payroll processing services on behalf of Orchard Talent Group;
- your nominated referees;
- any government authority;
- any law enforcement body, including the police; or
- any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
- Parties engaged by us to carry out marketing, business consulting and/or data analysis services on our behalf relating to the services we provide to clients and candidates.
If Orchard Talent Group discloses personal information to any third party, Orchard Talent Group will generally require these parties to protect such personal information in the same way that Orchard Talent Group does.
Orchard Talent Group is an executive firm operating in Australia, China, Hong Kong & Dubai. From time to time, it is likely that Orchard Talent Group may need to transfer your data overseas in connection with the provision of services to you. The country or countries to which your data may be transferred is not restricted, and may include: countries within the Americas, Europe or the United Kingdom; Ireland, the People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong); India; Singapore; Australia; New Zealand or such other countries as advised from time to time.
Orchard Talent Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
In circumstances where your personal information has changed please contact the Privacy Officer, they will endeavour to update and correct the information in accordance with applicable privacy law. Orchard Talent Group may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
Orchard Talent Group takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist Orchard Talent Group in protecting your personal information. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Orchard Talent Group's software or systems. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON ORCHARD TALENT GROUP'S WEBSITE
Users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The Internet is an open system and Orchard Talent Group cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others. Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. Orchard Talent Group cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
When you access Orchard Talent Group's website, Orchard Talent Group gathers information about users collectively. Such information includes the areas that users visit most frequently and the services users access the most. Orchard Talent Group will only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. By doing so, Orchard Talent Group can optimise the services it provides to you.
Orchard Talent Group may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this Policy).
FEEDBACK SUBMITTED TO ORCHARD TALENT GROUP
Orchard Talent Group websites have several areas on the site where you can submit feedback. Orchard Talent Group may use this feedback for marketing purposes, quality assessments relating to the services we provide, to improve our services, or to contact you for any further feedback.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Orchard Talent Group may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
CONTACTING ORCHARD TALENT GROUP
Please contact our Privacy Officer at Orchard Talent Group if you have a request relating to any of the following:
- if you would like to access, or correct, your personal information held by Orchard Talent Group;
- if you would like your personal information removed from the Orchard Talent Group database;
- if you would like to opt-out from receiving direct marketing e-mails; or
- any general queries relating to this Policy.
You may contact Orchard Talent Group's Privacy Officer by email: email@example.com
If you have a privacy related complaint, you may contact the Privacy Officer at the email address set out above. Your email should set out sufficient details of your complaint, including any alleged breach of applicable privacy law.
- The Privacy Officer must consider your complaint and will contact you within a reasonable time to advise you of their determination and/or to request further details;
- In the event that the Privacy Officer determines that there has been a breach of this Policy, the Privacy Officer will direct Orchard Talent Group to take appropriate steps to rectify that breach, and will keep you informed of both the nature of the breach and the steps taken to rectify the breach.
- The Privacy Officer will keep a secure record of all complaints.
If you are living or looking for work in New South Wales we are required by law to advise you of the following:
- we must not charge you a fee for the purpose of finding employment;
- we must not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when we know that no such position exists, or knowingly giving misleading information to you about the nature of a position); and
- if you believe that we have acted inappropriately, you may contact the Office of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.
Last updated: August 2018