Our client is a national not for profit Community Services organisation that provides support to those with a disability, young people, children in Out of Home Care, their families and the broader community. These services are designed to meet clients every day needs and to support them to achieve their goals. Recognising their employees as their best asset, the organisation is passionate about providing both internal and external training and development opportunities.
Due to expansion, a newly created opportunity is available for an experienced Case Manager to join the Foster Care team. Reporting to the Permanency Coordinator, the Case Manager will provide case management support to children and young people in Out of Home Care as well as to their families and carers. You will work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people in care. Based in the North West Sydney office, this role will require travel across Greater Sydney and occasional travel to the Blue Mountains and Newcastle. Flexible working arrangements are also on offer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a caseload of up to 12 children and young people in Foster Care and providing quality case management support;
- Undertaking comprehensive assessments utilising strength-based and person centred approaches;
- Reviewing and implementing intervention strategies in line with relevant legislation, funding requirements and practice guidelines to ensure appropriate levels of support and protection;
- Attending relevant case plan meetings and contributing to the development of case plans;
- Liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders and facilitating access to required services;
- Contributing to related court procedures and practices and providing the required documentation.
As an experienced Case Manager, you will possess the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field e.g., Social Work, Psychology, Social Welfare, Mental Health Nursing or related discipline;
- 3+ years case management experience in Out of Home Care including an understanding of restoration, guardianship and adoption orders;
- Experience utilising strength-based and person-centred practice approaches;
- Demonstrated experience working with the appropriate legal systems and the required documentation;
- Previous experience navigating re-accreditation processes would be highly valued;
- Strong written communication and record-keeping skills;
- The ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Current Working With Children's Check;
- Current unrestricted Drivers Licence and willingness to travel.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, values-based organisation committed to providing services that are tailored to the needs of the individuals they support. As well as a competitive remuneration package, additional benefits include salary packaging options, flexible working arrangements and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Chloe Gane of The Orchard Talent Group on 0414 750 544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.