About the Company
RSL Lifecare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL Lifecare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
The RSL Lifecare vision is one of "Continuing in the ANZAC spirit" by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. They are passionate about supporting residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
Their employees are focused on customers' wellbeing through the flexible delivery of personal care and lifestyle choices. RSL Lifecare seek people who are passionate about building meaningful relationships so they can strive to satisfy their customers' physical, mental, emotional and socialisation needs.
About the Role
In 2020, the Australian Government announced a $30m investment for a network of six Veterans' Wellbeing Centres across Australia to support veterans and their families. These centres will connect veterans and their families with services and supports for their everyday life.
RSL Lifecare has been selected by the Australian Government to establish and operate the Centre for NSW which will be located in Nowra.
The Centre Manager will form an integral part of the senior management team in this new centre, responsible for the overall direction, service and outcomes delivered within the facility. Reporting to the General Manager of Veteran Services, the Centre Manager will:
- Drive both strategic and operational elements and ensures the Centre provides the highest quality customer-centred care for veterans and their families.
- Work across all aspects of operational planning and governance to ensure high levels of performance across people management, customer and community relations and engagement, risk management and quality.
- Ensure high levels of stakeholder representation through the VWC Advisory Committee.
- Play a key role in delivering the DVA strategic goals for the region of responsibility, while driving continuous improvement across service delivery and compliance.
Veteran or Australian Defence Force Candidates:
- Relevant experience and/or training in management roles with financial and people management oversight.
- Experience leading projects that engage community stakeholders.
Private Sector Candidates:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management, Leadership or Health related field is essential.
- Experience within the Veteran Services community, directly liaising with individuals or groups in the sector.
- Experience leading projects with engagement from stakeholders in the community.
All candidates will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to build relationships with an array of individuals.
- Strategic planning capabilities with the ability to translate ideas into operational tasks and execute on such tasks.
- Strong organisation skills, able to self-motivate and prioritise individual workload.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Dylan Kovacevich on (02) 9157 6204 or email Dylan@orchardtalent.com.au quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link.