About the Opportunity
Wollongong Day Surgery specialises in gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery, IVF, gynaecology, adult and paediatric dental surgery, ENT, oral-maxillofacial surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery and general surgery. Our doctors are specialists in their respective fields, offering world class expertise to the community.
An exciting executive leadership opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and experienced senior clinical or nursing leader to join as Chief Executive Officer/Director of Nursing (CEO/DON). With both operational and strategic responsibility, the CEO/DON will have a mandate to build on strong performance to date and continue to further develop the teams and operations. The position is accountable for ensuring that the hospital achieves a balance between efficient service delivery and high quality health outcomes and meets all aspects of strategic and operational objectives and targets outlined in the hospital's strategic plan.
Supported by a multidisciplinary team below and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Southern NSW, the CEO/DON will:
- Lead the delivery of quality clinical care and patient outcomes across all services.
- Develop and maintain a values-based, performance driven culture.
- Drive operational performance across the hospital, actively identifying opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Align existing and new services to deliver patient care and meet broader Healthe Care business goals.
The successful appointee will demonstrate extensive surgical hospital and nursing leadership experience and have current nursing registration with APHRA. In addition to the essential criteria outlines, you will demonstrate;
- Previous experience leading staff and managing health services in a comparable setting.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, with the ability to bring a contemporary approach to staff engagement, management and development.
- Evidenced ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with staff and stakeholders at all levels to influence positive relationships and change.
- Sound financial management capability, with an understanding of the levers and mechanism necessary for commercial success and the provision of quality patient care.
This experience will ideally have been gained within either a private or public acute setting. Experience managing commercials and driving business growth through health service expansions would be highly advantageous.
This is a rare opportunity to step into a legacy position and lead the delivery and growth of patient services in the beautiful Wollongong region.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a brief covering letter and current resume through the via the appropriate link. Please note that all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close: 4th July 2021.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212 or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au.