Afford is one of Australia's longest serving disability service providers, having been dedicated to helping people with disabilities live an empowered life for over 70 years. With over 2,000 staff across five states, they provide lifestyle & day programs, group homes & accommodation, allied health services, getaways, supported employment and training support.
As a strategic business partner to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and key member of the executive leadership team (ELT), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will provide leadership by establishing and maintaining a commercially effective, sustainable organisation. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will:
- Provide expert financial management advice, establishing frameworks and processes that underpin optimal financial management and reporting
- Drive improvement throughout the finance function which in turn will facilitate long term financial viability and sustained growth to Afford
- Collaboratively with the CEO, lead growth decisions including M&A and divestments
- Increase transparency and unification of systems, reporting dashboards and processes
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Company Secretary as required
- Provide leadership and coaching, foster a culture of support, collaboration and innovation
For this role, we are seeking an experienced finance leader that can provide immediate impact strategically and operationally. This individual will be a highly approachable people leader with a track record of fostering strong relationships between Finance and other operational business units. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Strong personal commitment in working in a for purpose organisation;
- Experience as an established CFO and Company Secretary with proven, measured success;
- Strength of modelling across a diverse portfolio of business streams;
- Material capital market exposure and recency on mergers, acquisitions and divestments;
- Appropriate Governance qualifications or is willing to undertake a Governance qualification as appropriate;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Finance related discipline, CPA, or CA qualified and/or MBA.
What's on Offer
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the nation's largest disability service providers. You will be commencing in a time of positive change and progression. Working in close collaboration with the CEO, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to take complete ownership of this function and in collaboration with the broader executive, design their own best practices, policies and systems.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Georgie Porter of The Orchard Talent Group on 0431 677 389 or email email@example.com.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 24th October.