Formed in 1827, The Australian Museum is the country's oldest Museum and is at the forefront of education and research in nature, science and culture across Australia and the Pacific. Today the mission of the Museum is to ignite wonder, inspire debate and drive change. Not only does the Museum host an enviable array of collections, but it is also instrumental in conducting research into climate change, providing education around Australia's First Nations peoples and cultures and our native wildlife.
This is a key appointment for the Museum. The COO will directly support the Director and CEO through driving success across the financial operation and corporate services of the business;
- Oversight of the operational planning, project management and organisational transformation to deliver of the Corporate Strategic plan and Vision 2027 project Master Plan
- Lead the corporate Services division by developing innovative strategies and process
- Lead, plan, develop and implement a robust financial management framework
- Provide specialist advice as part of the ELT around financial strategy, project management and assessment of funding requirements
- Continue to build the Museums and sites working within budgets and funding whilst improving organisational performance
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven leader to have a true and lasting impact on one of Australia most iconic attractions.
Essential requirements to the role.
- CA/CPA qualification / relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in developing, management and analysis of complex financial information
- Demonstrated experience leading corporate support functions (HR, ICT, Facilities, Finance etc)
- Outstanding leadership, negotiation and communication skills
- Genuine interest in the arts space
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, veterans and those living in regional locations
How to Apply
To obtain the Executive Brief, including the role description, please email Victoria Martin at email@example.com or call 0406 413 899.
To apply please submit your current CV and cover letter addressing the role descriptions selection criteria via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia
It is a condition of employment at the Australian Museum that all employees, or prospective employees, be double vaccinated for COVID 19 or hold a valid medical exemption.
The Australian Museum welcomes applications from First Nation and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability. Please indicate if you have any accessibility requirements in your application or speak with the contact person should you be called for an interview. We provide reasonable adjustment for people with a disability during the recruitment process and on employment.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 5th December 2021