This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced clinician to join a leading not-for-profit provider of home care, retirement living and residential facilities. This organisation has a passion for providing the best care to their clients and ensuring all employees are supported in achieving this goal.
Reporting to the Quality & Clinical Governance Manager, the Clinical Governance Support & Project Manager will support and monitor the delivery of high-quality clinical governance standards within all the care services.
The Clinical Governance Support & Project Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following;
- Provide guidance and support to ensure all services have robust clinical governance processes.
- Coordination of the delivery of the clinical governance framework within the care streams of; Residential Aged Care, Home Care and Retirement Living, and to ensure the delivery of safe and effective care.
- Monitor and report on compliance with policies and procedures, relevant standards, relevant legislation and accepted industry practices, in order to identify system improvement opportunities and potential skill gaps. As well as contributing to the development of policies and procedures.
- Lead and coordinate the responses to the Aged care Quality and Safety Commission including sourcing evidence, obtaining statements, summarising key events and drafting a response for review within the set timeframe.
- Lead and coordinate the investigation of complaints including sourcing the relevant medical (electronic) notes, obtaining statements, summarising key events and drafting a response for review within the set timeframe.
- Coordinate timely investigation of clinical incidents and develop action plans to ensure best practice in collaboration with clinical leads and the Quality and Clinical Governance Manager.
- Act as a lead on clinical projects development and implementation
- Analysis and continuous improvement of clinical trends.
The successful candidate will be able to display the following criteria;
- Demonstrated senior management and leadership experience in aged care or health care.
- Sound working knowledge of the aged care regulatory environment including the 1997 Aged Care Act and associated legislation and principles.
- Experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems, and organisational policies and procedures.
- Experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of quality systems in a medium sized organization.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral presentation skills and highly developed interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy (including MS Office, Power Point, Excel and industry-specific software applications).
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant management or healthcare field as well as current APHRA registration is essential.
Additional qualifications and experience in adult education, aged care, dementia care, palliative care or mental health will be highly regarded.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through the Seek application portal. For a confidential discussion please contact Amanda Halliday on (02) 9157 6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org