Orchard Talent is seeking an experienced and passionate Clinical Lead for an exciting opportunity in Taree based in the Youth Mental Health sector.
About the role:
The Clinical Lead has the responsibility for co-ordinating the clinical service delivery for young people aged 12 - 25 years accessing the service. This involves working with the Centre Manager and a team of co-located, salaried and privately contracted clinicians within a clinical governance framework.
In consultation with the Taree Centre Manager (CM) the Clinical Lead (CL) will monitor clinical service quality and clinical outcomes, reporting on the client systems. Understanding and maintaining Clinical Governance, policies and procedures is integral to this role. Providing clinical and line supervision to salaried staff (where appropriate) is required.
- Assist the Centre Manager to monitor the effectiveness of the Intake systems and referral pathways for young people who access the service and identify gaps in these systems for improvement
- Promote and adhere to a young person-centred approach working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team for the engagement, assessment, treatment and social and vocational rehabilitation of young people
- Oversee the intake, assessment, referral and discharge processes and procedures in consultation with the CM. Where outreach services are provided, these are included.
- Provide clinical supervision to salaried Youth Access Clinicians and negotiate with the CM for alternative supervision structures based on professional qualifications and experience of clinical staff
- Provide line supervision for all Taree Youth Access Clinicians and other salaried clinical practitioners
- Assist with the recruitment of new clinical staff
- Provide immediate therapeutic assistance to clients that self-present at the service
- Tertiary degree in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or similar as well as substantial work experience in child and adolescent mental health settings
- Eligibility for membership of relevant professional association or membership of registration body or working towards same
- Demonstrated evidence based clinical skills in assessment and working with young people and their families/carers in a mental health and/ or drug and alcohol setting
- An understanding of the needs of young people with a mental illness, including engagement with the mental health service system.
- Ability to develop, manage and monitor performance outcomes for programs and activities
- Ability to provide formal and informal clinical supervision to staff that incorporates self - reflection and development.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please reach out to Grace of the Orchard Talent Group on 0414 381 557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org