Our client is a not-for-profit organisation providing social, mental health and community development services in the Northern Territory. The organisation works to build a community of people empowered with the freedom to achieve happy and fulfilled lives, where potential is realised through opportunity and choice, where the vulnerable are protected, where social justice is advanced and where cultural difference is respected.
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Clinical Lead to join the team of a Youth Mental Health service in Darwin. This is an exciting time to join the program as the organisation are in the process of implementing a new clinical framework. The Clinical Lead will play a key role in championing the new framework, ensuring the team are involved in the process and brought along for the journey.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Clinical Lead will be responsible for:
- Providing clinical guidance and supervision to a team of around 10 FTE staff;
- Holding a direct caseload of complex cases;
- Providing support to the private providers - any clinical issues that occur when the private providers are on leave are generally managed by the Clinical Lead;
- Assisting with the induction and placement of students;
- Care coordination for young people - engaging with different services to ensure young people are achieving best outcomes;
- Providing direct line management support to the Centre Manager as required.
We are seeking a proven Clinician with demonstrated leadership experience and knowledge within the 12-25 age group in a clinical focused role. You will also possess:
- A Degree or Master's qualification in Psychology/Social Work/Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist (OT) with at least (3) years post registration experience within Mental Health;
- Registered Nurses, Psychologists or Occupational Therapists must have registration with AHPRA or for Social Workers be eligible for AASW registration;
- Demonstrated experience in assessment, care planning, staff management and coordination with mental health experience & experience in community youth mental health or related areas;
- Proven clinical leadership skills with expertise in client-centred consultancy and ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary framework with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in clinical practice;
- Demonstrated effective communication and inter-personal skills across a variety of mediums and an understanding of the practice development framework;
- Proven ability to implement changes and develop direction in clinical practice by the utilisation of evidence-based research;
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and clinical service planning including an understanding of organisational behaviour, change management and cultural change processes;
- Demonstrated skills in clinical teaching, competency in the use of contemporary information systems and experience in the development of specialty education programs.
- A current Driver's Licence;
- Ability to work rotational shifts (8:30am-5pm and 10:30am-7pm).
This is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in the continued development and delivery of a Youth Mental Health service in Darwin. Join a well-respected not for profit organisation that provides exceptional internal and external supervision opportunities as well as additional benefits including salary packaging, leave loading and relocation support.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Chloe of The Orchard Talent Group on 0414 750 544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm 17th September 2021