About the Organisation
Our client is a charitable Aged Care organisation that provides high-quality and innovative care services to their residents located across NSW and the ACT.
With more than 7,500 clients and 3,000 employees, the primary services include Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, In-Home Aged Care services and Veteran's Services.
About the Role
Working within a team of clinical practice specialists to develop, implement, evaluate, and embed organizational clinical practice strategies under the Clinical Governance Framework; the Clinical Practice Specialist will also provide practice support and advice to clinicians to manage complex clinical situations. The four areas of specialisation relevant to Aged Care we are hiring for are:
- Dementia Practice
- Palliative Care
- Chronic & Complex Care
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the GM Quality and Clinical Governance and Clinical Practice team to implement, evaluate and embed the organisation's Clinical Governance Framework.
- Leading the development of the Clinical Practice Strategy for specified clinical practice areas as relevant to your expertise.
- Supporting the development of clinical capability across the organization.
- Assisting to identify and manage clinical risks.
- Providing consultant support to clinicians to manage challenging clinical issues as relevant to your area of expertise.
- Prepare reports on clinical practice activity, risks and outcomes for operations, Executive and Board.
- Undertake evaluation and auditing activities as requested and participate in and promote the process of continuous quality improvement.
Candidates that possess the following skills, experience and qualifications are highly encouraged to apply:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Bachelor's degree or equivalent)
- Post graduate qualifications, preferably at Master's level or above in one of the specialisations.
- Experience in the delivery of education frameworks, training programmes and packages and competency frameworks.
- Aged Care sector experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with all types of IT systems.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning organisation, an innovator of systems and programs which advance the quality of care for Aged Care recipients. As an employer of over 3,000 people, this organisation will provide you with opportunities to further develop your career within a supportive environment. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.