Our client is a not-for-profit organisation providing social, mental health and community development services in the Northern Territory. The organisation works to build a community of people empowered with the freedom to achieve happy and fulfilled lives, where potential is realised through opportunity and choice, where the vulnerable are protected, where social justice is advanced and where cultural difference is respected.
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Manager to oversee the organisation's community child and family program in Alice Springs. The program aims to support families, strengthen relationships and the development of young children from birth to 12 years old. The program is also part a Collective Impact initiative working in collaboration with government bodies, service providers and the local community. As the facilitating partner, our client is responsible for allocating funding to local service providers on behalf of the Commonwealth and subsequently supporting the development and delivery of impactful services for children and families in Alice Springs.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager Central Australia, the Manager will be responsible for:
- Overall coordination and development of the Communities for Children program in Alice Springs;
- Overseeing a small team consisting of a Project Coordinator and Project Officer;
- Coordinating and managing community partner activities;
- Supporting the implementation of best practice, evidence based programs;
- Working as a key partner of the Backbone Group for the Collective Impact initiative;
- Reporting to the Advisory Group on a quarterly basis;
- Facilitating ongoing consultation with a diverse range of stakeholders including children, families, service providers, government bodies and Aboriginal organisations.
We are seeking an experienced Manager with a track record of contract management and stakeholder engagement at a senior executive level. You will also possess:
- A qualification in Early Childhood, Community Development, Social Sciences or Social Work;
- 5 years' experience in the Community Services sector with experience working in the Early Childhood sector highly desirable;
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with proven ability to build positive and collaborative partnerships;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Track record of building the capacity of evidence based programs, ideally in a subcontracted environment;
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with culturally diverse communities, in particular with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people;
- A Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) or ability to obtain;
- A National Police Criminal History Report (less than three months old)
- A valid and unrestricted driver's license
What's on Offer
Work with an organisation committed to delivering better outcomes for children, families and the broader communities that support them. This is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in the continued development of a Collective Impact initiative to creating positive and lasting chance for children and families in Alice Springs. As well as a competitive remuneration package, additional benefits include salary packaging, relocation assistance and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Chloe Gane of The Orchard Talent Group on 0414 750 544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.