The Wesley Mission team is growing and there are new opportunities for experienced Disability Support Workers (DSW) to join the Disability Services team.
DSWs provide a range of support and services to valued clients including personal care, social support, domestic assistance through to transport. Identifying and assess client needs, DSWs go above and beyond to support clients in their day to day living and assist them in exercising choice and control.
Permanent part-time and casual work is available Monday through to Sunday, in a 24/7 rotational setup in our residential programs, and Monday through Sunday in our Day option programs.
This role involves working with children and young people so previous experience working with children is necessary. Experience working with Behaviour Support Plans is also highly regarded. We are looking for a team member experienced in working with people with backgrounds of trauma and behavioural issues who is open-minded, able to think on their feet and is a good listener.
What's on Offer
- Salary packaging benefits as well as paid travel time and paid kilometres.
- Be part of an encouraging team in a supportive environment
- Regular work hours to fit in with your routine and flexibility to fit in with your other life commitments
- Paid training as well as a uniform allowance
- Meaningful work where you will directly impact the life of others
We have several positions across Western Sydney, if you are interested in multiple positions, you only need to submit one application and let us know what areas/suburbs you want to be considered for.
- You are sociable, compassionate and have an ability to connect with others
- A genuine passion for the well-being and inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Caring and patient with the ability to work independently
This role would suit any who have a desire to provide great client care while having clear opportunities for continued and supported career progression.
- Diploma of Community Service/Certificate III in Disability Support or Individual Support or Disability sector care experience
- Minimum 12 months experience in disability support work
- Current Australian Drivers Licence (with a reliable, registered, and insured car, if applying for in-home care roles)
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- NDIS Screening Check
- Covid-19 vaccination
Those with experience and/or formal training in Hoist, Administering Medication and Bowel Care would be highly regarded. An understanding of WH&S issues and risk management is also beneficial.
About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a high-profile organisation that is committed to helping people of all ages and abilities to face life's challenges and lead more rewarding lives. With over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services, Wesley Mission makes a real difference in the community.
As one of the largest Christian community service organisations in Australia, this is a great opportunity for employees to grow their career in a rewarding and supportive environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link. We match clients and carers based on postcode so please include your home postcode within your application. Please note all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
These positions are subject to mandatory pre-employment checks, including a Criminal Record Check. Our helpful Careers team will be available to help you through the process.