The Salvation Army is one of the nation's most iconic and better recognised social purpose brands, having been in Australia for over 130 years and helping more than 1 million Australians every year.
The Aged Care division is driven by the purpose to promote choice and lifestyle for all people as they age and offers services spanning across Australia, providing 21 Residential Aged Care centres, seven Retirement Villages, a dedicated respite centre and Healthlink clinic, as well as home care services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a General Manager Care, Quality and Compliance to lead the Aged Care Quality and Clinical Governance team for one of Australia's most recognisable human services organisations. This position will be responsible for driving best practice, regulatory compliance, and the betterment of care through robust clinical learning and education programs. This General Manager Quality & Compliance will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Accountability for managing and reviewing the Quality and Compliance frameworks and systems to support The Salvation Army Aged Care quality objectives.
- Drive best practice around Quality and Clinical Governance initiatives to ensure compliance of all Aged Care portfolios and programs.
- Create and deliver an education program centred around person-centred, professional care.
- Partner with the Operations team and other key business stakeholders to embed a robust Clinical Governance approach to be adopted by all staff within the Aged Care business.
- Develop and implement an internal audit plan for all locations and report on these results.
- Manage responses to the ACQSC - this will include externally-escalated complaints, mandatory reporting incidents, reports and reviews.
- Ensure all care related events and incidents are investigated and that a root cause analysis is undertaken.
The successful candidate will be able to display the following criteria:
- Significant experience in a senior operational or executive management role.
- Experience as a Quality Manager/Leader in a large, aged care or relevant health service.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills across all levels of an organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing, management and/or geriatrics.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse without restrictions in accordance with AHPRA requirements.
- Extensive experience in policy, procedure and practice development in complex health contexts, preferably aged care.
- Demonstrated capability in business intelligence, Root Cause Analysis and trend analytics.
- Sound working knowledge of the aged care regulatory environment including the Aged Care Act 1997, the Aged Care Quality Standards 2019 and associated legislation and principles.
- Additional qualifications and experience in adult education, aged care, dementia care, palliative care or mental health will be highly regarded.
We are seeking a process driven leader with experience and impact in taking a business through a journey of change, reform and driving sustainable best practice outcomes around Compliance and Governance. This individual will bring substantial Quality and Clinical Governance experience gained in an Aged Care or complex human services/healthcare environment. They will have a track record of driving great care outcomes through establishing effective and sustainable clinical practices.
What is on Offer
In an organisation known for helping society's most vulnerable communities, this individual will be a values-based leader with an ability to engage a cohort and enable best practices around care and quality of service for all consumers. In such a critical time within the Aged Care sector, where regulation, legislation and compliance are front of mind, this individual will be instrumental in enabling the best consumer experience and have an instrumental impact on the success of the organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of Australia's most recognised Human Services brands in an influential and critical leadership capacity where you are able to build your team. With the organisation reviewing their strategic plan, this is an exciting time to join the organisation and provide valued input around the direction and key objectives for The Salvation Army Aged Care. This role presents as an opportunity for leadership, not just within the Quality & Compliance function, but across the broader Salvation Army Aged Care business.
As the successful candidate, you will have the support of an established leadership team in both the Aged Care and broader The Salvation Army organisation to draw upon. An attractive package of remuneration and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant, including not-for-profit salary packaging.