About the Organisation
Established in 1840, Australian Unity are Australia's first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while they have grown to a company of more than 7000 employees, their focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago - to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
They support Real Wellbeing so they can better support their members' and customers' wellbeing journey
There are four key attributes that set Australian Unity apart:
- Good people: They strive to set themselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
- Wellbeing experts: Their breadth of capability enables them to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
- Long-term commitment: As a member-owned company, they've been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to their members and customers since 1840.
- Driving positive impact: Everything they do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with their values of bold, warm and honest.
The Independent and Assisted Living (IAL) portfolio at Australian Unity provides services across Home Care, Disability Services, Indigenous Services, Residential Communities and Health Services. Their priority is devotion to providing a continuum of care for all.
Reporting to the CEO of the IAL business, this position will be responsible for driving quality and value-based customer care and lead clinical strategy, design, and deployment of important clinically oriented initiatives across the portfolio. The key goal being to achieve clinical excellence and outcomes across all IAL business units.
This role will be at the forefront of leading the implementation, coordination and operationalisation of the IAL Clinical and Care Governance Framework across IAL to ensure integrated systems, policies and practices are in place to deliver safe and high-quality care to all customers. Key areas of focus will be subject, but not limited to:
- Leading and operationalising the IAL Clinical and Care Governance Framework by supporting businesses to embed a systematic and comprehensive approach to deliver clinical excellence.
- Working with business units to standardise clinical care processes to reduce unwanted variations in care.
- Having oversight of IAL Community of Practice hubs in clinical education, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Leading and implementing a schedule of clinical and care quality audits to ensure incidents, complaints, continuous improvement activities, documentation and clinical risks are appropriately managed to meet regulatory and legislative requirements.
- In collaboration with business unit Head's of Clinical and Care, facilitate relevant continuous improvement actions.
- Oversee IAL clinical and care policies, procedures and work practices development.
For this appointment we are seeking an innovative leader with experience taking a health or human services business through a journey of reform and driving outcomes around Clinical best practice and developing Governance frameworks. This individual will bring substantial practice excellence experience gained in a complex human services or healthcare environment. Your expertise and qualifications will include:
- Demonstrated 10+ years' experience in clinical leadership of health services, service delivery, aged care at a strategic and executive level
- Registration as a health practitioner (nursing or other clinical discipline) with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated experience in Clinical Governance, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement roles.
- Industry experience relevant to the Australian Unity Independent and Assisted Living business portfolio.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Standards, residential aged care, community aged care or community health care accreditation frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in leading clinical and care teams through change and work in complex health and community settings.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and management, with communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and gain support for relevant quality, clinical excellence and improvement initiatives
What's On Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join on of Australia's oldest Health and Wellbeing brands. This is a highly influential position, leading in a time of exciting reform and change for the Human Services sector. As the successful candidate, you will be working with a highly impressive leadership team across a variety of high impact services across the Human Services landscape. An attractive package of remuneration and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff, customers and community, Australian Unity requires that all employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by no later than 31 December 2021 as a condition of entry of any Australian Unity workplace. In order to progress your application, you will need to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status, proof of booking for the COVID-19 vaccination, or medical exemption certificate from a registered medical practitioner. Thank you for your understanding.
For a confidential discussion, please call Amanda Halliday of The Orchard Talent Group on 02 9157 6203 or email email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively assessing applicants during the advertising period. Applications will close Thursday 23rd December.