As an innovative for-purpose organisation, our client is driven to empower people to live the life they choose by helping people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of everyday life. With more than 1,500 employees, they provide a range of services to support more than 3,000 people in the community across Sydney, the Southern Highlands, Illawarra, Newcastle and Hunter Region.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Work Health and Safety leader to join the People & Culture team to lead and embed a contemporary safety culture across the organisation. Leveraging a best-practice approach, the Head of Safety and Wellbeing will engage closely with their small team, the broader P&C team, and key stakeholders across DSA to support employee safety and wellbeing. A key challenge of this role will be leading change across a broad variety of business settings including third-party supply chain services, supported independent-living accommodation, community programs, registered training and clinical care.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager People & Culture, the Head of Safety & Wellbeing will;
- Lead the delivery of a safety culture across the organisation where safety is 'owned' by everyone.
- Embed effective standards, policies and procedures and ensure compliance to Work Health and Safety across all business units, in partnership with leaders.
- Ensure compliance and optimal delivery of employee wellbeing, including successful outcomes regarding Return to Work.
- Engage closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to build positive relationships and achieve business goals.
Regular travel will be required for this role across metro and western Sydney locations and NSW regional areas.
As a hands-on senior WHS leader, you will have a demonstrated track record driving cultural change across a large, complex and geographically dispersed workforce. In addition, the successful candidate will have;
- Relevant qualifications or significant work experience in the area of Work Health and Safety at a senior leadership level.
- Exceptional WHS and business partnering skills, with demonstrated knowledge and experience in the management of contemporary WHS issues & practices.
- Thorough working knowledge of NSW WHS and Workers Compensation legislation, relevant Australian standards and demonstrated ability to apply in an organisational context.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into effective WHS and wellbeing practices that positively drive performance and engagement.
- An ability to motivate, coach and elevate the capability of employees to achieve WHS outcomes.
- A track record of engaging and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
This experience could have been gained in a variety of settings including but not limited to human services, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, mining and engineering.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to step into an influential role to deliver measurable change across a broad range of business settings. As an organisation, DSA are committed to providing continued career progression opportunities. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Georgie Porter of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6213 or email email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a brief Covering Letter and your CV via the relevant link. Please note, all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm 30th April.