About the Company
Our client is a charitable Aged Care organisation that provides high-quality and innovative care services to their residents located across NSW and the ACT.
With more than 7,500 clients and 3,000 employees, the primary services of this organisation include Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and In-Home Aged Care services.
About the Role
The Legal Counsel will support the Executive General Manager of Legal and Compliance in dealing with all legal and compliance matters relevant to the organisation. They will interact and collaborate with internal staff, external legal counsel and government agencies on a range of legal, commercial and compliance related matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- In house legal counsel both advisory and ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory regulations;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements, reviewing correspondence and formulating documents for use in the business
- Privacy law, data security, including provision of training Procurement, including development of precedents
- Support around legal matters to do with employment and procurement.
We highly encourage expressions of interests from candidates who possess the following attributes:
- A current practicing law certificate with tertiary qualifications in Law
- Between 6-10 years' experience in Law, with a focus on in-house legal roles;
- Exposure to Corporate Governance, drafting and reviewing contracts, dispute resolution, risk and compliance management
- Exposure to Property/Construction projects
- Experience within the Aged Care, NFP, Charitable or broader Human Services Sector is highly desired.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning organisation, an innovator of systems and programs which advance the quality of care for residents. As an employer of over 3,000 people, this organisation will provide you with opportunities to further develop your career within a supportive environment. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Dylan Kovacevich on (02) 9157 6204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: 25994. To apply, please follow the link.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.