A market leading, high growth, not-for-profit disability service provider is entering an exciting period of growth in line with the NDIS. To facilitate this expansion, we are seeking an experienced and professional Occupational Therapist (OT) to join and lead a multidisciplinary team in Wollongong.
As a new service offering, community engagement and a high quality, person-centred approach is paramount to the success of the business in the Wollongong catchment.
Holding a generalist case load, the Senior Occupational Therapist will be the point of clinical escalation and will deliver timely, evidence based and person-centred Occupational Therapy services. With varying intellectual and physical disabilities, you will be providing therapy services in the community; homes, schools and in a clinic.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drive a person-centred approach to deliver evidence-based therapy to children, young people and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, intellectual and/or physical disability and other complex support needs
- Work with customers and families to identify strengths, skills and goals.
- Use appropriate assessment tools and methods to assess strengths and areas of development, in order to identify suitable intervention strategies
- Provide centre and community-based therapies.
- Current AHPRA registration
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy
- Current First Aid Certificate (including CPR) or willing to obtain
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain
- Current National Criminal Check or willing to gain
- Valid driver's licence.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Part time work arrangements (3-4-day weeks) to balance your personal and work lives efficiently
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Above average remuneration and salary packaging
- Multiple employee benefits, such as discounted gym & health fund membership, discounted motor vehicle services.
We would be delighted to provide you with any additional information on the opportunity. Please contact Lillian Evans on (02) 9157 6205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org