Karitane are the leading not-for-profit provider of virtual and in person parenting support services across NSW. They support parents with children from birth to five years around sleep and settling, establishing routines, feeding and nutrition, toddler behaviour and pre and postnatal anxiety and depression. Karitane delivers this support through residential services, parenting centres, integrated care hubs, perinatal infant mental health services and specialised toddler clinics.
About the Opportunity
A rare and exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced manager to lead Karitane's Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health Services (PICMHS). Reporting to the Director Clinical Services the PICMHS Manager leads a direct team of key roles within the PICMHS service. The PICMHS Manager is responsible for overall operational management of a portfolio of services and is tasked with elevating the practice capacity of a team of skilled clinicians. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with a diverse range of external partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of multi-disciplinary clinicians across multiple sites, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to enhance capability
- Oversight of clinical leadership, ensuring clear reporting structures and best practice service delivery
- Providing a high level of leadership, engaging existing teams to influence the ongoing development of Karitane's PICMHS
- Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships both internally and externally to ensure strategic and clinical objectives are achieved
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external services to ensure client care and the delivery of appropriate services
- Driving service delivery to achieve KPIs as set by the NSW Ministry of Health, South West Sydney LHD and Karitane
- Growing consumer engagement and contribute to service development planning and delivery
- Management of delegated financial budgets.
As a proven manager with expertise in Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field - psychology, social work or mental health nursing
- Membership or eligibility of the relevant professional association (e.g. AHPRA)
- A post graduate qualification in Perinatal and Infant and/or Adult Mental Health
- Proven experience in a senior management role with a track record of strategic clinical service planning
- Demonstrated ability leading a multidisciplinary team to effect positive cultural change
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to both enhance existing inter-agency relationships and develop new strategic partnerships
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate across complex systems and service relationships.
This is a unique opportunity to step into a senior management role with a reputable Child & Family service provider, leading operations across multiple services and elevating the capacity of a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Alex Palamara of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6209 or email Chloe@orchardtalent.com.au