Mallee Family Care offers over 60 programs to support local individuals and families across the Northern and Southern Mallee region. The Mallee Family Care Community Legal Centre (CLC) offers free, confidential legal advice, information, referral, casework, community legal education and engages in law reform activities.
This role will join a dynamic legal team providing integrated services with a particular focus on women who have experienced, or are experiencing, family violence, those with mental health issues and priority cohort groups. Reporting to the Manager Community Services, the Principal Solicitor will:
- Work closely with CLC staff and the Manager to coordinate the service programs
- Ensure case practice compliance with professional and ethical standards
- Convene regular casework meetings providing value add
- Participate and contribute to all relevant aspects of policy development
- Ensure the Service's staff and volunteers comply with professional indemnity requirements and have continued training
- Assist in preparing written reports when required, such as input and preparation for the Annual Report, funding submissions and law reform activities
We are seeking an experienced legal professional who demonstrates strong leader qualities with a genuine affiliation and motivation to giving back to the broader community. This person will have:
- An unrestricted practitioner or Principal Practicing Certificate
- Ability and experience to perform a range of legal services with a key focus on Family Law
- Experience in representing clients in court
- Knowledge of and experience practicing across various states (SA, VIC, NSW)
- Demonstrated experience providing legal services to disadvantaged people
- A current driver's licence
- Covid vaccination
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity exists for a community focused legal professional to join a leading human service provider of the Mallee region. This is a critical and highly influential role empowering the vulnerable and disadvantaged in the communities.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Georgie Porter of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 19th December.