Disability Services Australia (DSA) is a values based not-for-profit (NFP) organisation that has helped people, families and communities achieve positive social outcomes for over 60 years. DSA is a non-faith based, NFP organisation and is known to supports clients with all types of disabilities. DSA has earned a reputation for providing the highest standards of care to clients with the most complex cases of intellectual disabilities.
With an annual turnover of ~ $93 million, DSA employs more than 1600 employees across a geographical footprint spanning the Hunter, Tamworth, Queanbeyan, South Coast and South-West Sydney regions.
Due to the organic and sustained growth of the organisation, coupled with the recent announcement of the Royal Commission into the Disability Services Sector, the organisation has created a new position of Risk Officer who will report to the General Manager Organisational Development, Caron Rooks.
This is an impactful role within the organisation that will be responsible for identifying risk exposure, analysing mitigation strategies and enhancing the risk capability within DSA.
We are seeking a high calibre, resilient and experienced Risk Officer who will be responsible for refining DSA's enterprise risk framework.
To be successful in this role, the Risk Officer will:
- Develop a compliant Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Lead and monitor the risk identification and assessment process in line with regulations, quality systems and DSA strategic imperatives.
- Oversee all Operational risk management and take responsibility for insurances and organisational business continuity planning.
- Lead the adoption of the organisation-wide risk management program.
- Assess, identify, monitor and reduce pertinent business risks that could interfere with the organisation's objectives and goals.
- Prepare risk management reports.
The successful candidate will bring demonstrated experience representing strategic commercial risk matters at a governance level and championing the implementation of change initiatives across a complex people and client centric environment.
For a confidential discussion, please call Alex McDonald or Dani White on 02 9157 6206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 25015.