Ability Options has over 40 years' experience in supporting people live their life to the fullest and is one of the largest not-for-profit organisations. Through personalised and responsive support, Ability Options helps individuals identify their choices and aspirations and achieve their goals, building their self-esteem and independence. Employing more than 1,200 passionate and dedicated staff, Ability Options provides disability and employment services at 94 sites across the East Coast of NSW. Ability Options operates from the Illawarra, Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter and the Mid North Coast.
As Ability Options continues its journey of growth and innovation, they are seeking a Risk & Compliance professional. Reporting into the Chief Audit & Risk Officer, and in consultation with managers, the Senior Manager - Risk & Compliance key responsibilities include:
- Prioritisation of a diverse workload to manage compliance activities and mitigate organisational risks;
- Application of risk management methodologies to business activities identifying and managing potential problems, or, in the case of opportunities, take action to capture value for the organisation;
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a functional WHS model to achieve regulatory compliance and a safe work environment for all staff and participants;
- Reporting to the Audit, Risk and Finance Committee and Board (through the CARO) on Risk Management actions and outcomes;
- Building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, whereby proactively offering cross-functional support to all team members.
The successful candidate will be a versatile risk professional who is curious to grow and develop their skills across a broad range of opportunities. This person will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in governance, risk management, business, project management or a related discipline;
- Sound experience in risk management, governance or a related field;
- Highly developed drafting and policy skills;
- Demonstrated experience in WHS and contemporary risk management methodologies;
- Current Drivers licence.
What's on Offer
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced risk professional to join a purpose driven organisation at an exciting time of growth offering extensive career progression and development possibilities. This opportunity has the flexibility to be full time or 4 days per week and based in either Sydney or Newcastle with not-for-profit salary packaging available.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Georgie Porter of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6213 or email email@example.com.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm 17th October 2021