Support older people to maintain independence and lead fulfilling lives. Wesley Mission is looking for passionate and experienced Care Workers in the Hills District area now!
What's on Offer
- Meaningful work where you will directly impact the life of others
- Regular work hours to fit in with your routine and flexibility to fit in with your other life commitments
- Salary packaging benefits as well as paid travel time and paid kilometres.
- An encouraging team in a supportive environment
- Paid training as well as a uniform allowance
We have several positions across Western Sydney, if you are interested in multiple positions, you only need to submit one application and let us know what areas/suburbs you want to be considered for.
You are a caring and reliable person who wants to make a positive difference in the lives of older people in our community. In addition, you have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support
- Previous experience working within the aged care or community care sector providing personal care
- Good communication skills and take care to build a rapport with people
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with a reliable, registered, and comprehensively insured car
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
- A desire to help make a difference to the lives of elderly people by enabling them to live independently as valued members of the community.
Many of our clients speak multiple languages - if you speak a second language you are encouraged to apply.
Support Workers provide a range of care and support services to customers in their homes. This includes both domestic assistance and social services such as:
- Personal care
- Meal preparation
- Domestic Assistance - help with housework
- Shopping - accompanied & unaccompanied
- Social support
About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a high-profile organisation that is committed to helping people of all ages and abilities to face life's challenges and lead more rewarding lives. With over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services, Wesley Mission makes a real difference in the community.
As one of the largest Christian community service organisations in Australia, this is a great opportunity for employees to grow their career in a rewarding and supportive environment.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link. We match clients and carers based on postcode so please include your home postcode within your application. Please note all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
These positions are subject to mandatory pre-employment checks, including a Criminal Record Check. Our helpful Careers team will be available to help you through the process.