Vera Living is a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) provider that works with NDIS participants and industry partners to design thoughtfully liveable homes in the heart of the community.
Recognising that Specialist Disability Accommodation can be a tough process to navigate, the organisation strives to simplify the SDA process for every participant, allowing them to get back to what matters: achieving their plan goals and living their life.
Vera Living prides themselves on providing an equal, safe and transparent opportunity for every participant to find a more supportive and independent living situation. The team represents years of experience working alongside Tenants, Specialist Support Coordinators, Clinical Experts and Appointed Guardians, navigating the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to achieve unique housing goals.
The Tenant Journey Lead will be responsible for supporting each individual to understand their SDA options that are bespoke and responsive to their needs, providing expertise and guidance from initial engagement through to long-term tenancy. More broadly, the Tenant Journey Lead will have the opportunity to liaise with a range of external partnership organisations to support the growth of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Tenant Services, the Tenant Journey Lead will;
- Lead tenant intake and assessments, assisting with every stage of the SDA funding journey to move towards their housing goals;
- Work closely with tenants, their families and other stakeholders to maximise tenant wellbeing and outcomes;
- Assist with the development of new Supported Independent Living relationships, along with maintaining and growing existing relationships;
- Identify and pursue avenues to build a pipeline of tenants requiring SDA services, developing demand identification strategies in collaboration with the development team.
As the Tenant Journey Lead, you will have;
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the changing disability sector, with the ability to provide advice and guidance;
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationship across various stakeholders within the human services or disability housing sector;
- Dedication to support the rights of people with disabilities to empower choice and control;
- High level interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Previous experience within the intake/assessment function, planning, and service delivery;
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with people with disabilities and/or their families, support network and service providers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence.
Existing knowledge of the Specialist Disability Accommodation landscape and People Leadership experience will be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that provides a great team atmosphere and support work culture. This role has the unique ability to play a key role in the organisation and have influence across decisions that affect the whole business.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Lizzie Ocampo of The Orchard Talent Group on 0406 832 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm, 19th of September.