About the Organisation
An permanent opportunity exists for Youth Workers to join a for-purpose organisation based in the Central Coast within a PSP and Therapeutic program. With services across the Northern Sydney, Northern Beaches and the Central Coast, this organisation provides social and community services to individuals regardless of their cultural background, circumstances, gender, age demographics or ability. Key service offerings within these geographic locations include Family, Youth and Children's Services, Aged Care, Disability and NDIS support, Foster Care, Out of Home services and Crisis Support.
About the Position
This role exists within our Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) program on the Central Coast, which provides an alternative to long term residential care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people. This position is based in multiple locations and requires:
- Provide guidance, mentoring and direct assistance to children and young people, foster carers and families to facilitate the acquisition and/or maintenance of personal, social and living skills and independence in young people
- Build rapport with the young people while maintaining professional boundaries
- Work with Case Managers to support the implementation and fulfilment of case and care plans and associate goals for children and young people
- Maintain the family, community and cultural ties of the young person providing guidance, mentoring and direct assistance as required
- Provide direct care in the house, which includes all household-related duties, providing transport foe the young people and completing administrative tasks
- Provide an environment that is safe for children and vulnerable adults, free from harm and promoting staff commitment to safeguarding
Special Conditions of Employment:
- This roles involves a 24-hour care, 7 days per week roster and requires all staff to be available for a variety of shifts that include overnight stays, working weekends and awake shifts
As an experienced Youth Worker, you will also possess:
- Diploma in Youth work, Community Services or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years' experience in youth work in a therapeutic framework withing with extremely challenging behaviours, mental health and vulnerable children utilising trauma-informed practice
- Knowledge of current NSW child protection and relevant legislation
- Current full clean drivers licence (and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle)
- Current NSW WWCC and Cleared National Criminal History Check
- Disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment. You will also be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status or medical contraindication certificate as part of your recruitment /interview process.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable organisation and be a valued member of a friendly and supportive team. This role is paying is offering above award rate and permanent contracts
For more information, please email email@example.com. To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.