About the Organisation:
We are currently working for a leading multi-site health services business who are a pioneer within their sector and boast a portfolio of market leadership. Within their sector they are recognised for their quality of service, innovation and high-performance results. With a workforce of over 4,000 people, this organisation is one of the largest in their sector with exceptional corporate infrastructure in place.
Due to an internal restructure, we are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join their shared services team.
About the Role:
The Accounts Payable Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing a team of two people in undertaking a range of accounts payable duties. This will include processing of all payments to vendors and suppliers, maintaining accounts payable systems, building relationships with key suppliers and reconciling supplier statements at month end.
Reporting into the Head of Shared Services, the Accounts Payable Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the efficient running of the Accounts Payable Team
- Providing effective communication to the Head of Shared Services as the point of contact for the Accounts Payable team
- Ensuring that all payments are processed accurately and within agreed timeframes
- Ensuring all invoices raised and processed are compliant with the requirement of GST legislation for tax invoices
- Providing accounts payable and purchase order advice and information to our staff, vendors and suppliers as required
- Maintaining the accounts payable system, including records of payments, vendor and supplier details, and other relevant information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate
- Reconciling the accounts payable system and allocating expenses paid to the relevant account, budget or project.
- Reconcile supplier statements each month in a timely fashion
Working within a high-performing shared services team the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant experience working within an Accounts Payable function previously
- The ability to operate computer hardware and software, departmental systems and electronic systems effectively
- Experience with Basware and Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- An ability to build relationships with key suppliers and the operations team
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your experience within an accounts payable function. Working in a positive team environment, this is an opportunity to be an integral member of a high-performing shared services finance function.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Amanda Halliday on (02) 9157 6206 quoting job reference 24433.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.