The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
We are surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, and we are constantly collaborating to set new benchmarks in health excellence - benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make.
About the Opportunity
A highly impactful opportunity has arisen for an experienced, excellence driven leader to join one of the state's largest health services as the Allied Health Manager, Clinical Nutrition. The successful appointee will lead a large team of clinicians, with accountability for the planning, development, delivery, and evaluation of the Clinical Nutrition service across a range of indicators.
Reporting to the Chief Allied Health Officer, the Manager will engender a culture of clinical excellence within the Clinical Nutrition team, with key accountabilities including:
- Inspires, drives, guides and supports service development and best practice initiatives within Allied Health, and contributes to this throughout RMH.
- Ensuring appropriate allocation of clinical staff to meet service demand, including the recruitment, induction and support of qualified practitioners.
- Forms and fosters partnerships within RMH to maximise clinical service initiatives.
- Complies with and implements RMH and Divisional Regulations, RMH Policies and Procedures and state and federal legislation practice.
With qualifications in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, the Appropriate post-graduate qualification/s in relevant fields and Eligibility for full membership of Dietitians' Association of Australia, you will bring extensive clinical leadership experience, having achieved deliverables and outcomes in a large-scale Tertiary Hospital. In addition to the essential criteria, you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience leading allied health teams delivering clinical nutrition services.
- The ability to effectively engage with key stakeholders across health service, to ensure collaboration and desirable service outcomes.
- A passion for service delivery excellence and a track record of building and developing teams of Clinical Dietitians.
This is a highly influential role in a reputable health care organisation delivering National and State-Wide services. The successful candidate will thrive in a high volume, demanding healthcare environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals and perform in patient centred team environment.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente on (02) 9157 6212 or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link.