About the Organisation
Delivering care across a Nursing Home and Independent Living Units, this community-established regional provider is known for consistently providing a high standard of care within Tenterfield.
About the Role
Reporting directly into the Director of Nursing, the ADON will preside over a team of 10 Registered Nurses across two facilities - a hostel and Nursing Home, supported by the care team in delivering continuous high-quality to its residents amongst an expanding portfolio.
The ADON will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the care quality delivery across both care centre locations.
- Delivering hands-on clinical care, a couple days per week, with other days dedicated to administrative tasks.
- Manage clinical operations and develop care plans.
- Leading and managing a small team of Registered Nurses to promote a positive team culture and meet desired performance measures.
- Evaluate performance of nursing staff and assisting in improvements regarding training and education.
- Assist in quality and compliance measures and ensure accreditation continuation.
- Assist and act in the Director of Nursings' absence in leave circumstances.
- Be part of an on-call roster.
This role will suit an existing Assistant Director of Nursing, with consideration towards a Nurse Manager with substantial experience in an acting role as an ADON.
- A Bachelor's Degree' in Nursing.
- A currently registered (AHPRA) Nursing licence.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining quality systems within the care environment, preferably aged and community care or health care system.
- Strong, oral written and communication skills.
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with sound time management skills.
- A passion for Aged Care and a desire to make a difference to lives of residents.
What's on Offer
- Long term view for the role with an outlook for progression.
- On-site accommodation for the successful applicant to aid in the potential relocation process.
- Opportunity to drive a expanding portfolio.