About the Company
An established local community provider of Aged Care, our client has been providing care services to the elderly community in Mackay for the past 30 years. They now require a Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) in their Nursing Home facility.
About the Role
The ADON will provide support to the Director of Nursing in the day-to-day management of the facility ensuring the provision of quality care through human resource management and clinical care services.
The ADON will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Providing ongoing clinical support and effective care planning for residents, as well as education and guidance across the RN and care worker teams to ensure best practice.
- Supporting the administative function of the home, including liasing with consumers and relatives to ensure care that meets the consumers identified desired outcomes.
- Oversee the documentation of care in the progress notes and Care Plan as changes occur on a daily basis.
- Undertaking clinical and documentation audits and reviewing results to identify gaps in care.
- Overseeing medication administration, identifying trends and implementing strategies to improve resident outcomes.
- ACFI monitoring and providing education and support where necessary.
- Preparation of staff rosters and monitoring daily allocation of staff to unit areas to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
We encourage expressions of interest from a candidate who possess:
- Current Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- 3+ years postgraduate nursing experience.
- Previous experience at, or acting into, a management level within Aged Care.
- Experience in ensuring adherence with standards and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to implement WHS&E policies and procedures and return to work programs.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to pursue a leadership position with a well-established community provider.
- Chance for a sea-change to a beautiful coastal location.
- Competitive remuneration package.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.