About the Company
An award winning, not for profit organisation, operating in regional, rural and remote NSW and QLD, caring for older Australians in NSW for 70 years.
Be part of a team that works to support clients and residents achieve a better quality of life, health and wellbeing.
Join a leading not for profit (NFP) aged care provider in a key regional location on the Hunter New England catchment. This role provides an exciting prospect for a driven Care Manager (CM) to take ownership of a small and stable site within a supportive team environment.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, this role will be supported by a collaborative team of dedicated frontline staff (AIN's and RN's) to deliver holistic case management to the residents.
Responsible for overall clinical management of the small nursing home you will build rapport with residents and families, lead and support staff in the delivery of person-centered care and ensure compliance in line with aged care standards and legislation.
- Ensure people issues are managed in line with business policies and procedures and in a fair and consistent manner
- Drive a positive internal culture amongst the team of Nurses and Care Staff
- Ensures staff are educated and performing effectively in all areas of clinical governance
- Development of care plans, including establishing optimal and quality lifestyle goals
- Ensure all compliance activities such as ACQSC Quality Standards, NSW Food Authority (or third-party external auditors) and reporting are followed in line with regulatory requirements
- Effective management of staff, resident, and family complaints to ensure a timely and appropriate resolution
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 + years as a Care Manager in a residential aged care setting
- Registered Nurse with current registration with AHPRA
- Sound knowledge of ACFI and comprehensive assessments
- Understand of the requirements of the Aged Care Industry and the Aged Care Act
- Experience in leading a high performing team and display strong leadership skills
- Ability to influence positive/performance cultural
What's in it for you?
- NFP salary packaging
- Learning and development opportunities including: Traineeships, mentoring and on the job training
- Career development and internal opportunities
- Wellbeing program which includes an Employee Assistance Program
- Retail discounts and promotions
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Lil Evans on (02) 9157 6205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link.