Our client is a high growth Not for Profit service provider in the Australian Aged Care sector, with a number of residential facilities across NSW in addition Retirement Living services. Looking to grow considerably over the next 18 months, this business is built on four key service offerings; Residential Care, Respite Care, Dementia Care and Extra Services programming.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Care Manager to be appointed at one of their residential aged care facilities in the South West Sydney region.
The Care Manager will support and partner with the Facility Manager, in delivering an exceptional care strategy across this welcoming and professionally operated facility, whilst leading and managing the Care, Clinical and Lifestyle teams operationally.
The successful applicant will be an accomplished and experienced Clinical Leader and a fully qualified Registered Nurse, who is already well versed in quality people leadership in aged care, and who can demonstrate strong clinical leadership and decision-making skills. Experience working with a varied cohort of residents and care requirements, including high/dementia care and clients with other complex care needs will be highly desirable.
The new Care Manager will be a strong clinical educator, having already managed and developed clinical care staff, including education for Care Service employees and Registered and Enrolled Endorsed Nurses around compliance and quality.
The ideal applicant will possess the following:
- 3-4 years of experience leading a clinical care team in Aged Care.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring Care, Lifestyle and Clinical employees.
- Ensure Clinical and Lifestyle employee performance appraisals, orientation, education and competencies are scheduled and completed.
- Ensure effective roster development and management, to reflect an appropriate mix of staff and skills to meet resident needs consistently, including Lifestyle employees.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to develop excellent rapport with residents and their families.
- Knowledge of Accreditation, Quality and Compliance standards and requirements.
- Experience with educating clinical staff around ACFI assessments, including compliance and quality standards, to ensure all residents are receiving effective care funding levels.
- Australian nursing qualification and AHPRA registration for a minimum of 5 years.
- Develop and maintain community engagement and professional relationships with collaborating external bodies, including Allied Health, Hospitals and relevant community organisations.
What's on Offer:
A competitive remuneration package plus generous re-location support (if applicable) is on offer, as well as a supported career development plan, which will seal your success as one of the organisations future Facility Managers, awaits the successful applicant.