The Permanency Support Program (PSP) has started on a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney's northern suburbs to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
The Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) program provides an alternative to long term residential care, focusing on recovery from trauma, to achieve positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people.
The Case Manager will provide high quality and effective Intensive Therapeutic Care and Case Management to children and young people, their careers and families.
About the Role
The case manager will be an advocate for children and young people within the lower central coast catchment. As part of this role you will ensure compliance, maintaining accurate and up to date records of all interactions and progress in accordance with OCG guidelines and policies.
The successful candidate will actively participate in solutions-focussed supervision and self-care planning, individual work programming and goals, performance planning and professional development opportunities;
This role will work closely with intake and assessment specialists on the acceptance of new referrals to the programs as well as;
- Oversee the operational activities of the houses and staff and the implementation of the ITC model;
- Manage and lead the House Supervisors to practice excellence;
- Support and inspire the house teams to deliver positive outcomes for the children and young people in the program.
We are seeking an empathetic and gentle therapeutic specialist to be an advocate for children and young people.
To succeed as Manager ITC you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma - preference will be given if you have electives and additional training in developmental trauma, statutory child protection or, client intervention and case management;
- 5 years' direct experience in working with high risk or vulnerable children and young people in an out of home care environment;
- 3 years' experience successfully managing and leading teams and individuals using contemporary approaches;
- To be influential, inspirational and a great communicator.
- Current and valid Australian Drivers Licence and your own fully insured vehicle
You may be required to fill shifts in an emergency and to participate in after hours and on-call duties from time to time.
To apply please submit your application via the SEEK application button.
For a confidential discussion, please call Lillian Evans on (02) 9157 6205.