About the Company
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
The RSL LifeCare vision is one of "Continuing in the ANZAC spirit" by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. They are passionate about supporting residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
Their employees are focused on customers' wellbeing through the flexible delivery of personal care and lifestyle choices. RSL LifeCare seek people who are passionate about building meaningful relationships so they can strive to satisfy their customers' physical, mental, emotional and socialisation needs.
RSL LifeCare are seeking solutions focused the people who are caring and empathetic and feel good knowing they can enrich the lives of others. RSL LifeCare have a Cook/Chef opportuntiy at their Remembrance Village site in Wagga Wagga.
In this role you will work closely with the catering team to support the Chef Manager and Residential Manager to provide catering services for residents and resident representatives.
To be successful, you will possess the following skillsets:
- Compliance with Food Safety Standards to HACCP
- Assist with basic and general food preparation
- Customer Service: serving our residents meals and snacks
- Restocking as required, and after meal periods
- Dishwashing and cleaning of the kitchen, equipment and dining areas
- Fast, effective service throughout busy periods - with a smile
- Assisting the broader team as required
Further details around the sites and shifts are outlined by our talent partner, The Orchard Talent Group.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Food Safety knowledge & experience
- Food Handlers Certificate Knowledge and experience of Food safety requirements
- Good communication skills
- Written and verbal English literacy skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently as a key team member
- Good organisation skills
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Commercial Cookery Certificate III or IV
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
What RSL LifeCare offers:
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To express interest
To express your interest, please select "Apply Now". For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please email Amanda Halliday on firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number 382
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.