About the Company
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
RSL LifeCare are seeking solutions focused the people who are caring and empathetic and feel good knowing they can enrich the lives of others. RSL LifeCare have multiple opportunities for casual Registered Nurses seeking casual employment to work across their portfolio in West and South West Sydney/North Shore location.
Benefits of being a Casual Employee at RSL LifeCare:
- A commitment to providing shifts within a close radius of homes
- Continuation of employment with an ability to familiarise with one organisation
- A commitment to your professional development within this leading organisation
- Flexibility around your lifestyle and pre-existing commitments
- Competitive remuneration rates
To be successful, you will possess the following skillsets:
- Demonstrated commitment to helping our customers have a purposeful life through assisting them in creating/maintaining friendships and relationships; pursuing hobbies and interests; maintaining health and well-being through personal care, meals and exercise; and creating a home-like environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to building enriching relationships that enable a deep understanding of a person, their wellbeing and lifestyle needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering innovative customer focused solutions in a flexible and changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience achieving customer focused outcomes.
The pay rate ranges from $32.85 to $41.63 per hour dependent upon experience in accordance with the RSL LifeCare, NSWNMA and HSU NSW Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020, or RSL LifeCare (ACT) Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020 as applicable.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Current Nurse Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Availability to work various shifts
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential or home care setting
- Working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of nursing services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including proficiency in English
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumers and all members of the care team
- Computer literacy
- Effective time management skills and flexibility to respond to changing priorities or tasks
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team and provide direction
- Appreciation and acceptance of people from different backgrounds and beliefs
- At least two years of experience as a Registered Nurse
What RSL LifeCare offers:
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To express interest
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.