About Western Health
Western Health (WH) are a large and complex organisation providing a diverse range of health care services through their 7,500 staff across its various sites. They manage three acute public hospitals: Footscray Hospital; Sunshine Hospital, including the Joan Kirner Women's and Children's, at Sunshine Hospital; and Williamstown Hospital. The comprehensive and integrated range of services Western Health provide range from acute tertiary services in areas of emergency medicine, intensive care, medical and surgical services, through to subacute care and specialist ambulatory clinics.
About the Opportunity
A highly impactful opportunity has arisen for an experienced, relationship driven, change and implementation specialist to join WH during a significant period of organisational transformation. In late 2018, WH successfully implemented the four core Cerner Millennium Electronic Medical Record (EMR) modules across all sites. EMR Phase 2 will be the largest digital health project ever implemented solely by WH. It is visionary, comprehensive and innovative and will allow the organisation to maximize the potential of its EMR. Upon implementation WH will be elevated to full digital health service status, and in line with the leaders in digital healthcare.
Reporting to the Digital Health Director, the EMR Change & Implementation Manager is responsible for strategising, leading, facilitating and coordinating the range of change initiatives that will contribute to the successful implementation of EMR Phase 2 and associated digital health projects at Western Health. Key responsibilities across Change Management and Implementation include,
- Develop and lead the change management strategy;
- Lead associated operational activities to support the successful implementation;
- Engage, negotiate and liaise with variety of internal and external stakeholders to facilitate successful implementation of new processes;
- Provide oversight and reporting of key change and operational initiatives; and
- Act as a key member of the implementation team to support go-live, roll-out and integration.
With a minimum of 3 years of experience in leading, facilitating and evaluating organisational operational and change management, you would have achieved deliverables and outcomes in a large-scale organisational change program. In addition to the essential criteria, you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience working in a complex organisation; influencing diverse groups of stakeholders and positive organisational outcomes.
- Experience delivering or leading change programs and initiatives in a comparable, critical service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply high-level problem-solving techniques and professional judgement in complex situations; and
- A strategic mindset and proven ability to contribute to the development and implementation of change and transformation projects.
This is a critical and highly influential role at a reputable health care organisation on a clear growth trajectory. WH focuses on delivering a complete, well-integrated solution that delivers safe and effective patient care, reduced clinical risk and streamlined workflows, providing staff and patient satisfaction and most importantly, Best Care for patients. The successful candidate will thrive in a high volume demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals and perform in patient centred team environment.