Whiddon has been providing exceptional care to older Australians across regional, rural and remote NSW and QLD for more than 70 years. From philanthropic beginnings, Whiddon has grown into a large not-for-profit organisation with more than 2,300 residents and clients and 2,500 employees. Whiddon are an award-winning aged care provider with residential care, community care and retirement villages across 20 sites in New South Wales and Queensland.
Whiddon is passionate about enriching lives and keeping older people connected to what matters most to them in life. A truly exemplary service provider, Whiddon invests heavily in their people, communities and services, partnering with academics and universities that are developing the latest thinking, innovation, programs and training around quality of life and ageing. Whiddon actively promotes and maintains a proud sense of community - wherever they are, everyone matters.
About the Opportunity
Due to changes within the executive team, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced operations leader to join one of Australia's most innovative Aged Care providers. Overseeing a multi-disciplinary team across Residential Aged Care, Community Care, Back of House services and involvement in Retirement Living service, this COO will be responsible for taking ownership and driving exceptional service and enhancing the customer journey.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this position will have Board reporting responsibility and will drive the overall direction, planning, delivery and efficient management of all operations. In addition to the essential criteria, you will also;
- Provide leadership, coordination and support to team members in regard to all aspects of care delivery, education, client management systems, quality control and improvement, while supporting projects, research and innovation.
- Actively promote the desired culture of Whiddon by ensuring all operations are conducted in a manner which supports the stated Purpose, Vision and Values.
- Leadership of senior management to deliver best practice, drive operational outcomes, adhere to operational policies, implement strategic objectives and support people to achieve operational goals.
An accomplished professional and well-rounded Executive Leader, you will have comparable functional experience gained in a fast paced, complex human services driven environment.
In an organisation known for innovation and the betterment of Aged Care services, we are looking for a leader with the willingness to challenge the norm and help alter perceptions of aged care.
In addition to the essential criteria, you will also demonstrate;
- Registered Nurse Division 1 with current Registration under AHPRA, preferred but not essential
- Comprehensive experience in co-ordinating a flexible, multi-skilled team working environment
- Extensive experience overseeing the operational management of a dispersed workforce, ideally within a healthcare or human service setting
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple service lines and conflicting stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and understanding of the Health and Aged Care Sectors, External Agencies including funding and policy protocols, accreditation and industrial legislation
- Demonstrated sound financial management knowledge and skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Amanda Halliday on (02) 9157 6203 or email email@example.com quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.