About the Organisation
Ability Options has over 40 years' experience in supporting people live their life to the fullest. As one of the largest not-for-profit organisations, Ability Options is motivated by their Mission to create opportunities for people to achieve their aspirations and inclusion in the community. The last 10 years has seen accelerated growth and expansion of their services. This has meant that they have been able to support even more people with disabilities, those looking for work and others seeking to participate fully in society. Through personalised and responsive support, Ability Options helps individuals identify their choices and aspirations and achieve their goals, building their self-esteem and independence.
Ability Options is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to lead their Employment Services division. Based in either Bella Vista or Charlestown, the COO will be a key member of the Executive Team, with responsibility over an operating budget of $30 million and workforce of 200 FTE. A key mandate will be to drive accountability and portfolio performance whilst recruiting and retaining the best employees who are focused on the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation.
Managing a team of seven direct team members and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the COO will:
- Hold corporate responsibility for the planning, Governance and ongoing sustainability of Ability Options and in particular its Employment Division.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the business to deliver the agreed strategic and operational plans
- Develop and deliver an annual operating plan that meets or exceeds the required KPIs and ongoing longer-term strategies to meet Ability Options Towards 2030 Strategic Direction
- Assist the CEO to oversee the organisation's achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position in the industry and design and deliver our strategy for growth
- Foster a portfolio culture that demonstrates Ability Options Vision, Mission and Values
To succeed in this high-profile role, the successful candidate will have a depth of experience operating at a senior leadership level in a complex and geographically dispersed organisation. In addition, they will have a demonstrated a track record of implementing impactful, sustainable and transformative cultural change that delivers on the employee experience and drives the effective operation of the business as a for purpose Operation. This will ideally have been gained in the Disability Employment Services sector.
What's on Offer
This represents a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing, mission driven organisation which makes a significant impact on society, working within a highly performing, mission focused, values driven and collegiate Executive. In addition:
- Access to one RDO per month
- Extra paid leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bonuses subject to performance
- NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Dani White of The Orchard Talent Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close January 4th 2021