Our client is one of the most prominent Aged Care service providers in Melbourne, with three facilities located in the metro area and several new commissioning projects in development stage. They are moving through an exciting journey of business growth.
They have an outstanding reputation as a caring and compassionate service provider, who have been supporting their unique Melbourne community since inception, established through many years of successfully delivering exceptional service and care to the residents and families they support.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Care Coordinator to be appointed at their Caulfield residential aged care facility in Melbourne.
The Clinical Care Coordinator will support and partner with the Facility Manager, in delivering an exceptional care strategy across this welcoming and professionally presented 120 bed facility, whilst leading and managing the Care, Clinical and Lifestyle teams operationally.
The facility boasts an attractive setting in a leafy established residential area, spanning three floors, with a 30-bed memory support unit. The building is modern and beautifully presented with all rooms equipped with en-suites and great services for residents on site, including a hairdressing studio and well-appointed café.
The successful applicant will be an accomplished and experienced Clinical Leader and a fully qualified Registered Nurse, who is already well versed in quality people leadership in aged care, and who can demonstrate strong clinical leadership and decision-making skills. Experience working with a varied cohort of residents and care requirements, including high/dementia care and clients with other complex care needs will be highly desirable.
The Clinical Care Coordinator will be a strong clinical educator, having already managed and developed clinical care staff, including education for Care Service employees and Registered and Enrolled Endorsed Nurses around compliance and quality.
The ideal applicant will possess the following:
- 3-4 years of experience leading a clinical care team in a larger residential facility
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring Care, Lifestyle and Clinical employees.
- Ensure Clinical and Lifestyle employee performance appraisals, orientation, education and competencies are scheduled and completed.
- Experience developing an effective culture leading to improved employee engagement and performance.
- In partnership with the Facility Manager, create and deliver a formal education and training calendar, to ensure clinical staff are developed and fully competent around all care and clinical governance requirements.
- Ensure effective roster development and management, to reflect an appropriate mix of staff and skills to meet resident needs consistently, including Lifestyle employees.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to develop excellent rapport with residents and their families.
- Knowledge of Accreditation, Quality and Compliance standards and requirements and demonstrated experience working through successful accreditations and audits.
- Experience with educating clinical staff around ACFI assessments, including compliance and quality standards, to ensure all residents are receiving effective care funding levels.
- Australian nursing qualification and AHPRA registration for a minimum of 5 years.
- Develop and maintain community engagement and professional relationships with collaborating external bodies, including Allied Health, Hospitals and relevant community organisations.
- Availability for some on-call requirement
What's on Offer:
A competitive remuneration package plus salary packaging (tax-free benefit up to $15,990 per annum) is on offer, as well as a supported career development plan, which will seal your success as one of the organisations future Facility Managers, awaits the successful applicant.
This role will offer the successful applicant, an exciting career path towards their first Facility Management role, providing all the scope required to get fully involved in developing culture and employee engagement, whilst providing a platform for education and supporting and leading the change management agenda.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Rob Ashton, Melbourne Aged Care Sector Lead on (03) 9691 1311 or 0405 412 383.