About the Organisation:
This not-for-profit organisation has provided support services to local communities since 1938, delivering care, accommodation and services to people as their lives and needs change, promoting ageing in place.
Situated on idyllic landscaped grounds in the Lower Hunter, this residential aged care facility has been a part of the community for over 30 years. Local shopping centres and public transport are within walking distance of the facility, and the vibrant hub of Newcastle is a short drive away.
About the Role:
The Clinical Nurse Consultant will be responsible for the provision of holistic care and providing clinical leadership for employees in an environment of professional and personal development in the care of residents, clients and their families.
This role will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following;
- Ensuring the day-to-day operations of residential and home care services are efficient and effective in meeting resident, client and stakeholder clinical needs and satisfaction.
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders to identify opportunities for integration of services and to ensure that clinical services are delivered in an effective, sustainable and efficient manner with timely support and direction.
- Governance support including accreditation preparation and audit.
- Complaint management including investigation and reporting.
The successful candidate will display the following criteria;
- Current registration with AHPRA and post graduate qualification(s) or equivalent experience relevant to the area of nursing.
- Experience in a management role in a health or aged care organisation, over a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Experience in the development and implementation of policy and establishing risk management frameworks within a multi-site health or aged care environment.
- Knowledge of the accreditation system as well as funding and regulatory requirements for residential aged care services.
- Knowledge of aged care resident's care needs as well as relevant legislation, compliance requirements, and government policies that impact on aged care.
- Well-developed communication skills, and an ability to build rapport with persons at various levels and positions in an organisational context.
- Well-developed problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Possess a current Drivers Licence and willingness to travel.
What's on Offer:
A competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced operational leader looking to drive impactful change and organisational best practice across this large facility.
To apply for this position please submit your CV via the Seek application portal. For a confidential discussion please contact Amanda Halliday on 02 9157 6203 or firstname.lastname@example.org