About the Organisation
Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) is a government funded health organisation providing care to a population of approximately 30,740. Bordering three states and covering an area of 194,949 square kilometres, FWLHD is the second largest NSW Local Health District in terms of geographic area. With nine facilities and an approximate budget of $115 million, FWLHD provides high quality clinical services and works with their communities to enable people to be as healthy as possible.
About the Opportunity
FWLHD is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 2 (CNC) with clinical expertise in Aged Care to join their team. Working with a high level of autonomy, the CNC will have the opportunity to shape the direction of this role with oversight of relevant areas of clinical practice, providing expertise to help develop capability across the District. This will include working across both state and national programs such as The Living Well MPS program and Aged Care standards.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager Policy, Practice & Initiatives and working closely with the District Aged Care team, the CNC Aged Care will;
- Develop, implement and evaluate care management plans for older patients with complex health needs.
- Provide a client-centred consultancy practice within a multidisciplinary team, with responsibility to formalise ongoing clinical supervision processes for more junior staff.
- Promote and lead a culture that facilitates the ongoing review and development of clinical practice.
- Actively participate in leveraging related scientific research and initiating original research projects to the speciality of aged care, sharing research results through publications/presentations.
- Plan and implement specialist clinical education for the District, in addition to developing educational resources for patients, families, colleagues and other health care professionals.
- Undertake clinical service strategic and operational planning, coordination and management of aged care projects.
To be based in Broken Hill, there will be travel required across the District.
This is a role that provides the best of both worlds, combining both clinical practice and the ability to drive policy, procedure and program improvement and development. With outstanding continuing Learning & Development within the District, opportunities exist for continued fast-tracked career progression either the clinical or management streams.
The successful candidate will have current AHPRA registration and appropriate tertiary qualifications relevant to the specialty field of Aged Care with five years' work experience in this field. In addition, the successful candidate will have;
- The ability to self-motivate to work both autonomously and more broadly within a multidisciplinary team to build strong relationships, influence and implement change.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and proven ability to provide clinical leadership in the provision, review and development of aged care clinical practice utilising an evidenced based approach.
- A track record developing, implementing, presenting and evaluating education, educational resources and clinical procedures and policies to colleagues and patients.
- An affinity to work within a vibrant regional community.
This experience may have been gained within a public health service, or private acute provider.
FWLHD values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Emma Chapman-Davies of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6207 or email email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 15th December.