About the Organisation
Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) is a government funded health organisation providing care to a population of approximately 30,740. Bordering three states and covering an area of 194,949 square kilometres, FWLHD is the second largest NSW Local Health District in terms of geographic area. With nine facilities and an approximate budget of $115 million, FWLHD provides high quality clinical services and works with their communities to enable people to be as healthy as possible.
About the Opportunity
FWLHD is currently seeking two experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist Grade 2 (CNS) with clinical expertise in ICU/Critical Care to join their Critical Care Outreach Team. New positions in the District, the CNS will work closely with stakeholders to provide expert knowledge and skills in the detection, management and evaluation of care of patients who have been previously, may be, or are currently critically ill in the general ward and other critical care areas. This will include playing an integral role change management and shaping and implementing new policies and procedures to streamline the provision of exceptional patient care.
Based in Broken Hill and reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager ICU/CCU, the CNS ICU/CCU will:
- Partner and collaborate closely nursing, medical and allied health staff to provide quality patient care to those requiring Intensive Care Services.
- Develop, facilitate implementation and evaluate care management plans for patients with complex health needs in collaboration with stakeholders. This will include identifying at risk patients for deteriorating.
- Actively participate in professional development and assist in providing patient safety and quality education to contribute to quality health care and best-practice service delivery.
This is an excellent chance to join a highly motivated team and gain further professional experience in a dynamic position. Not only will you support the Critical Care Team, but you will work with multidisciplinary teams more broadly across Broken Hill Health Service to ensure optimal patient outcomes. With outstanding continuing Learning & Development within the District, opportunities exist for continued fast-tracked career progression should someone be looking to further their professional development clinically, or within management.
The successful candidate will have current registration with AHPRA as a nurse and relevant tertiary qualifications in Critical Care (or working towards). In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Three or more years post graduate experience in adult critical care and current Adult Advance Life Support certificate.
- A proven ability to effectively work within a team, contributing to the creation and maintenance of a positive team culture to meet organisational goals.
- Demonstrated clinical application and sound contemporary knowledge of nursing practice issues in the critical care environment and in the recognition and management of deteriorating patients.
- Proven ability to implement change and provide direction in clinical practice.
- A demonstrated ability to engage and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders and an affinity to work within a vibrant regional community.
This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant community and have a tangible impact in the delivery of excellence in rural and remote care and great work-life balance.
FWLHD values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Dylan Kovacevich of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday 26th April.