About the organisation
Delivering services across Hospital, Aged Care, Rehabilitation and Home Care service for over 100 years. This established and well renowned provider is known for consistently delivering a high standard of consumer directed care.
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Director of Aged Care, the Clinical Services Manager will lead a team of approximately 50 staff and is supported by the HR team, Workforce Coordinator, Activities Team, Allied Health and the ACFI Coordinator.
As the Clinical Services Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the frontline workforce and ensuring timely compliance with care standards, regulatory obligations, accreditation outcomes in line with safety and satisfaction for all residents and families.
This tight knit, high-performing team works closely together to deliver the best possible individualised care to our residents and creating strong relationships with our relatives and friends.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Director of Aged Care Services to oversee the facility, ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Continuing to foster a positive working environment and culture across the home.
- Identifying, developing, and delivering both regular and ad hoc education.
- Involvement in the accreditation process, contributing to announced and unannounced visits from Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
- Creating and implementing new policies and procedures where required.
- Investigating, managing, and reporting on incidents - including staff injuries.
- Receiving and responding to feedback and complaints as required.
- Conducting internal audits, submission of benchmarking data and report preparation.
- Managing the Infection Control and Medication portfolios.
- At least three years experience in a management role within an Aged Care environment.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining quality systems within the care environment, preferably Aged and Community Care or Health Care systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with sound time management skills.
- A passion for Aged Care and a desire to make a difference to the lives of residents.
What is in it for you
- High staff to resident ratios (RN/ floor every morning, evening, and night).
- Strong staff development and education in place.
- Supportive and close-knit team aligned to consume directed outcomes.
- Modern facilities.
- NFP salary packaging.