About the Organisation:
We are currently working for a leading multi-site health services business who are a pioneer within their sector and boast a portfolio of market leadership. Within their sector they are recognised for their quality of service, innovation and high-performance results. With a workforce of over 4,000 people, this organisation is one of the largest in their sector with exceptional corporate infrastructure in place.
Due to an internal restructure, we are seeking an experienced Collections Officer to join their shared services team.
About the Role:
This is an intermediate to senior role. Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, the Collections Officer is responsible for taking ownership of overdue debtors for the business. This position contributes to the efficient performance of the finance department by liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that overdue balances are brought back to agreed payment terms.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Follow up & resolving outstanding debtor balances
- Attending to Debtor enquiries
- Negotiating payment plans within policy limits
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including Public Trustee, Centrelink, Medicare, & legal firms
- Proceeding with Guardianship applications, property searches, caveats where required
- Generating and maintaining up to date collections reporting
- Coordination & issuing of collections letters in line with organisation policy
- Generating and distributing invoices and statements on a monthly and fortnightly cycle and as requested
- Preparing and processing Credit adjustment requests upon approval
- Ensuring the central filing of reports is up-to-date
- Completing end of month processing and prepare relevant information for Finance Support Services.
Reporting to the Head of Shared Services, you will enjoy being an integral member of the finance team. As this role will interact closely with external key stakeholders a high level of professionalism and tact is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to 'think outside the square'
- Ability to adapt to a newly created team environment
- Experience in a highly legislated environment would be highly regarded
- Minimum 4 years experience working within a collections function
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent knowledge of debtor processes and ability to negotiate (debt collection)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong organisational and reporting skills
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook and Excel, ideally complemented with knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics or Epicor)
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your experience within a Collections Officer function. Working in a positive team environment, this is an opportunity to be an integral member of a high-performing shared services finance function.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dylan Kovacevich on (02) 9517 6206 quoting job reference 24432.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.