About NSW Ambulance
NSW Ambulance is one of the largest and most modern ambulance services in the world and is recognised as a global leader in its field. A division of NSW Health, NSW Ambulance is a state-wide service providing emergency and non-emergency clinical care, retrieval and specialist patient transport services. Employing over 4,500 staff across 300 metropolitan and regional locations, the organisation operates in a diverse range of scenarios and geographical locations 24 hours per day, 365 days per year to provide a critical health service to the community.
About the Opportunity
As a result of an organisational redesign, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Director of Corporate Governance and Legal services to join the Finance and Corporate Services Directorate within this critical state emergency health services provider.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance and Corporate Services, the Director will provide expert leadership, professional advice and strategy development, to ensure NSW Ambulance meets the highest standards in corporate governance, policy, delegations, risk management, program and project management, business continuity, records management and legal and statutory processes.
Leading an experienced and functionally diverse team, with responsibility for
- Enterprise Risk
- Legal Services
- Corporate Records
- PMO Partnerships
- Corporate Governance
the successful appointee will oversee the development, implementation and management of the NSW Ambulance governance and policy frameworks, as well as monitoring and reporting on performance and compliance, to enable the delivery of team objectives, within legal/statutory, public service and ethical obligations.
An accomplished and experienced Legal Services and Corporate Governance leader, you will demonstrate an ability to build credibility with a broad range of stakeholders, whilst leveraging relationships across the organisation to enable the execution of key initiatives and mandates.
In addition to the essential criteria outlined, you will demonstrate:
- Experience providing high level advice to stakeholders on corporate policy, risk management and governance.
- A strategic mindset and proven ability to translate organisational objectives into actionable initiatives.
- Effective stakeholder engagement; an ability to build and leverage strong relationships across an organisation.
- Subject matter expertise relating to the relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
- A proven ability to articulate compelling arguments and explain complex concepts to a diverse audience.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of Australia's most trusted organisations and contribute to promoting effective and efficient corporate governance and legal services.
NSW Ambulance values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212 or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au
How to Apply
Please respond to the below targeted questions (max 4000 words including spaces per question) and submit this with your CV and other required information.
- Please share an example of your experience developing and implementing an organisation wide governance and policy framework. How did you measure success and monitor performance?
- Please reflect on your experience providing strategic guidance and advice leading a team to embed corporate governance, legal, and/or program management processes in a complex organisational setting. What made you successful?