About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers (LWB) is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation with over 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. LWB support a broad range of people including children, young people and families, refugees and asylum seekers, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness.
LWB's Child, Youth & Family portfolio is a national service dedicated to improving outcomes for children, young people, and families. Their team of 1,500 staff support almost 5,000 children and young people across our services and have close to 3,000 foster and kinships carers as part of our community.
LWB are seeking a Director - Evidence, Practice Innovation and Collaboration (EPIC) to lead, engage and share the organisation's commitment to evidence informed practice, innovation and collaboration across Child, Youth and Family (CYF) both internally and externally. A key member of the Practice and Quality Leadership team, the Director EPIC CYF will advance and implement evidence informed practices in line with LWB's commitment to improving the lives of children, youth, and families.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Practice and Quality the Director EPIC CYF is responsible for:
- Leading and strengthening LWB's evidence informed approaches, identifying and promoting practice models to meet both current and emerging needs
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to advance and develop LWB's Evidence Informed Strategy
- Leading a team of team of direct reports in line with LWB's purpose, values and strategy
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with evidence-based practice partnerships including Cornell University and The Mockingbird Society
- Championing and promoting evidence-based practice models in the broader CYF sector, including government regulators and other CYF agencies
- Actively identifying opportunities to share knowledge and learning with the sector by attending conferences and other specialised forums.
As a senior leader you will have deep subject matter expertise in evidence informed practices and their implementation within the Child, Youth and Family sector. You will also possess:
- Strong academic qualifications in social work, psychology or other relevant clinical area and Child, Youth and Family sector experience
- Deep knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family sector, including evidence-informed research and implementation science
- A track record promoting evidence informed practice models with a diverse portfolio of interval and external stakeholders
- Experience in providing professional development through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring
- Proven experience working in a large, geographically dispersed organisation
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with evidence-based practice partners, government agencies, accreditation bodies and NGOs
- A well-developed professional profile within related sector/s.
What's on Offer
Life Without Barriers are committed to delivering better outcomes for the children and families in their care and this is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in the elevation and innovation of Child, Youth and Family services nationally. As one of Australia's largest and leading social purpose organisations, LWB is committed to providing continued career development opportunities. You will also receive a competitive salary along with a car allowance an NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. For any role related queries, please email Jessica Lewy at email@example.com.
LWB want to employ people who reflect the diversity of their clients to ensure they can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Please note, all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 21 March.