About the Organisation
Currently working with one of Australia's most innovative, vibrant and passionate Integrated care communities, our client is focused on providing high quality accommodation services and enriching the lives of the elderly.
Winning multiple awards for excellence and regarded highly across the NSW market with customers and competitors alike. This organisation is representing a new era in retirement living and residential aged care, tailoring its accommodation and care needs without sacrificing comfort or quality to ensure resident focused and care centric approach is taken across all of their locations.
We are seeking a personable and passionate qualified Registered Nurse to oversee the day to day operations of their medium sized, residential facility in Sydney's South East.
Reporting to the NSW State Manager, the successful candidate will be part of the senior leadership team. Responsible for ensuring compliance and high standards across all policies, procedures, and legislative requirements. This role will be leading and driving best practice across a team of nurses, lifestyle staff and hospitality employee's delivery of high-quality clinical services and guidance.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Assist developing a clinical education program that ensures the continued professional development and competency of the clinical and care team.
- Liaising with external medical and allied health professionals to ensure changes in resident care needs are reported and reviewed. Ensuring prescribed changes to clinical care are implemented effectively and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Actively promote and drive a positive internal culture aligned to organisational values
- Managing the aged care lifestyle and leisure program, ensuring a variety of engaging programs are available to enrich the lives of our aged care residents.
- Managing the delivery of hospitality and lifestyle services
- Supporting the creation of community, creating linkages between aged care residents and retirement living, opportunities for joint activities, volunteering, shared team resources, etc
With the right skills matrix around ACFI, accreditation, and occupancy drives, this candidate will have a genuine interest for working closely with elderly residents within an aged care environment.
The successful individual will have experience and capability developed from proven leadership roles from within the sector. Possessing a strong financial management, commercial acumen and knowledge of clinical governance frameworks.
With the ability to build and develop relationships the candidate will need to enjoying working in a team environment, liaising closely with key stakeholders, and empowering and educating staff to provide high-level customer care and clinical excellence
- Current AHPRA nursing registration
- 3-5 years' experience in a Facility Manager/Director of Nursing position within a residential aged care setting
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Occupancy and the engagement of key stakeholders in the local community.
- A strong internal culture and enforce a performance driven internal team whilst driving recruitment processes.
- Strong team leadership experience, with demonstrated abilities across all people management activities
- Effective conflict resolution skills with a high emotional intelligence
- Uphold the mission and values of the organisation.
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package
A supported environment from both front line staff and senior executives, and work with a prominent and caring aged care employment services provider.
To apply please submit your application via the relevant portal.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Amanda Halliday on 02 9157 6206