About the company
Our client is an organisation that provides excellence in aged care, accommodation and services to older Australians on the principles of harmony, respect and trust. They now require a Facility Manager for their award-winning aged care residence situated on the North Shore of Sydney.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with the CEO, the Facility Manager is responsible for the overall management of all aspects of the facilities business. This will include (but not be limited to) the following;
- Provide leadership and support to facility's Care management team and staff.
- Maintain and advance the reputation of facility as a high quality, caring, friendly and safe environment, which consistently provides an excellent level of environment and nursing care to all residents.
- Ensure that the organisation meets all state and/or federal government legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the organisation meets Accreditation standards and is compliant at all times.
- Initiate the strategic planning process of the organisation with the involvement of the OM and the MD.
- Manage the annual Budget process and monitor actual outcomes to ensure adherence to Budget.
- Manage all operations in an efficient and effective manner so as to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensure documented policies and procedures are in place, up to date and approved by the OM and MD, in order to guide consistent contemporary professional care practice.
- Provide excellent quality care/service in accordance with the organisation's documented policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
The successful candidate will display the following;
- Registered Nurse with current registration with APRHA (Essential)
- Minimum five (5) years nursing management experience
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in aged care
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of the Aged Care Industry and the Aged Care Act
- Experience in developing and leading a high performing team and display strong leadership skills
- A high standard of personal appearance and conduct, including exceptional communication skills
- A flexible and enthusiastic attitude toward undertaking a variety of tasks and demonstrated commitment to ongoing quality, with a team approach.
What's on offer
A competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate, as well as the opportunity to work with an employer of choice within an award-winning residence. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Nursing to drive organisational change within an aged care facility in a high impact setting.
For a confidential discussion please contact Amanda Halliday on 02 9157 6206 and send your current CV to email@example.com