About the Organisation
The Benevolent Society (TBS) is a not-for profit and non-religious organisation that has helped people, families and communities achieve positive change since 1813. Through their advocacy and work with older Australians, children and families, and people with different abilities, TBS lives and breathes their vision to create a best life for all Australians. In this space, people matter. With 1,200 employees, over 600 volunteers, and plans for growth, TBS is operating in a sector undergoing substantial reform underpinned by changes to funding arrangements that provide greater consumer choice.
TBS is a complex, geographically distributed organisation with significant multi-stakeholder involvement across its operations in Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia.
About the Role
This is a rare opportunity to drive commercial sustainability to continue the delivery of exceptional care services for people with a Disability, working with an iconic, purpose-driven organisation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Disability and Growth and leading the New South Wales and South-East Queensland Disability Services team, the Director, Operations - Disability will:
- Ensure financial sustainability and competitive advantage through a focus on revenue generation, efficiency and innovation;
- Provide leadership in establishing a positive shared culture that engages staff to increase productivity;
- Work closely with the operational team to set and communicate operational responsibility for service delivery;
- Engage closely with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders to align service delivery to meet community needs;
- Oversee partnership management for multiple key partners in service delivery;
- Drive the delivery of quality services in line with relevant regulatory legislative requirements.
For this appointment we are seeking an accomplished and well-rounded Executive leader with comparable functional experience in a complex service delivery environment. The successful candidate will have the following:
- A track record of seniority within a large, geographically dispersed Clinical/ Community Disability Services environment;
- Demonstrable and transformative leadership and people management skills;
- Evidenced experience elevating workforce engagement, retention and bolstering attraction programs to ascertain a competitive advantage;
- A track record of attaining commercial sustainability through revenue generation, staff productivity and innovation;
- A 'hands on' approach to operations and stakeholder partnership development and retention;
- Strong advocacy for people with a disability.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a rare, legacy position to deliver measurable outcomes across NSW and QLD. An attractive package of remuneration and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant, including not-for-profit salary packaging.
For a confidential discussion, please call Dani White of The Orchard Talent Group on 02 9157 6222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively assessing applicants during the advertising period. Applications will close Wednesday 28th April, 2021.