About the Organisation
The Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) is a government funded health organisation that covers an area of 11,335 square kilometres extending from Port Macquarie in the south to Coffs Harbour in the north. MNCLHD provides a diverse range of services to a population of approximately 215,000 people. It has a workforce of 4,300 across seven hospital sites and 10 Community Health Centres, and a budget of approximately $700 million'
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the leadership team of the district, providing direct impact on the performance of the organisation and the communities they serve. Leading a cross functional, diverse team with responsibility for the full suite of generalist People and Culture support, the Director will initially work to gain a deep understanding of the organisation, particularly it's people and culture practices, to then contribute to the strategic direction. Championing key initiatives across the group, including, but not limited to;
- Industrial/Employee relations: develop the capability of the team to support efficiency of operations, consistency of decision making and desirable organisational outcomes.
- Learning and Development; a key area of focus, improving the support and systems relating to employee development and education.
- Change Management, guiding workforce reform initiatives.
- Culture: championing cultural initiatives across the organisation.
- Education initiatives: building on partnerships with universities and other education providers to further drive strategies for student employment pathways.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, Director will seamlessly float across operational and strategic initiatives and tasks, leading the roll-out and development of key initiatives across the organisation, whilst ensuring the function is best supporting the clinical and operations teams.
An accomplished professional and well-rounded Executive leader, you will have comparable functional experience gained in a complex human service driven environment.
In addition to the essential criteria, you will also demonstrate;
- Extensive generalist executive HR/P&C experience gained within a large, complex organisational setting;
- Extensive change management experience and demonstrated capability to analyze and assess organizational practices to make recommendations focused on continues improvement
- Strong influencer and strategic thinker with an engaging, proactive approach to stakeholder management; and
- Broad HR skillset with diverse experience gained within a complex human service driven organisation I.E Healthcare and hospitals Aged Care, Disability Services, or broader community services.
Mid North Coast Local Health District values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au