About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers (LWB) is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation with over 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. LWB support a broad range of people including children, young people and families, refugees and asylum seekers, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness.
LWB's Disability Services portfolio is a national service providing care to 5,972 people with a disability and 3,995 supported through the NDIS. With a strong national reputation, LWB are one of Australia's leading Disability and Child, Youth and Family (CYF) providers.
LWB are seeking a Director, Safeguarding to lead the organisation's safeguarding activities nationally across their Disability services. A key member of the Practice and Quality Leadership team, the Director, Safeguarding will be responsible for influencing a culture that enhances LWB's safeguarding obligations to ensure the best possible care, dignity, and safety for their clients.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Practice and Quality the Director, Safeguarding is responsible for:
- Leading the Safeguarding Unit and encourage a culture reflective of LWB's values, safeguarding commitment and practice outcomes
- Developing and implementing national safeguarding framework processes in line with legislative and compliance requirements
- Supporting, mentoring, and coaching a team, ensuring high performance and the achievement of business outcomes
- Alongside the Executive Director Practice and Quality, developing and implementing strategic and operational business plans
- Reporting to the Executive team and providing expertise and counsel on reportable incident responses and approaches.
As a senior leader you will have deep subject matter expertise in safeguarding practices and their implementation within the Disability Services sector. You will also possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Services or Social Sciences;
- Strong knowledge of the Disability Services sector, including safeguarding practices and their integration in service delivery
- Track record leading organisation wide initiatives across a large, geographically dispersed organisation
- Experience in providing professional development through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a brand-new position and deliver measurable outcomes across a highly sensitive portfolio. As one of Australia's largest and leading social purpose organisations, LWB is committed to providing continued career development opportunities. You will also receive a competitive salary along with a car allowance an NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. For any role related queries, please email Dani White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LWB want to employ people who reflect the diversity of their clients to ensure they can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Please note, all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 21 March.