About the company
Our client is a respected and trusted not for profit aged care provider that caters to residents of the NSW Central Coast.
About the role
The Diversional Therapist (DT) you will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised leisure and recreational programs for residents.
These programs will consist of one to one programs, small group and large group activities including events and specialised activities driven by the needs, wants and desires of residents.
As a key member of the interdisciplinary team you will coordinate services with the clinical team and develop therapeutic relationships with residents and their families to optimise resident care outcomes.
- Completing and upkeeping leisure related assessments and care plans.
- Foster open communication within the team and listen to the input of others to ensure holistic care plans are enacted.
- Maintain accurate and congruent documentation.
- Always ensure compliance with WHS programs.
- Provide mentorship to all Leisure and Lifestyle staff to provide a high-quality person-centred service.
- Design, coordinate and implement individualised leisure and lifestyle programs according to residents' social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, physical and cognitive needs and abilities.
Skilled and Experience
- Relevant qualifications; Bachelor of Health Science (Therapeutic Recreation), Bachelor of Health Science (Leisure and Health), Bachelor of Applied Science (Leisure and Health), Diploma in Diversional Therapy or an Associate Diploma in Applied Science (Diversional Therapy).
- Ability to undertake leisure-based Assessment and Care Planning for individual residents
- Understanding of relevant Laws, Acts, Regulations, Charters and Codes of Practice.
- High level interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with staff and residents.
- Above average pay grade
- Dedicated and supportive team environment
- Flexible working arrangements on offer
- Career development and internal progression supported and encouraged.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Lillian Evans on (02) 9157 6205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org